Go to Information and Research Page
Welcome to the Cornelia Connelly School Library
Carl N. and Margaret M. Karcher Library
The primary mission of the Library is to support the learning experience of Connelly students by providing academic materials and resources, recreational reading materials, research support, and homework help. The librarian strives to provide an environment conducive not only to learning, but also an enjoyable, relaxing place to decompress from the pressures of school.-from the Mission Statement
Monday - Thursday
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Librarian: Mrs. Donna Greenhut
The Library consists of a main reading room, a quiet study room also used as a classroom, and the Matthew J. Doyle Computer Center. Resources include approximately 6000 books, 30 magazines and 2 newspaper subscriptions, videos and DVD's, and eight computers with Internet access. Students may purchase photocopy cards for $5 (50 copies) to use the copy machine located in the library.
The library catalog is available from all computers on campus.
A full time librarian is available from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm daily to help students with their information needs.
Library Policies and Procedures
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks and may be renewed. Fines are .10 / day.
- Magazines, journals, DVD's and videos may be checked out for one week. Fines are .25 / day for periodicals and $1.00 / day for audiovisual materials.
- Up to 6 items may be checked out at one time.
- Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy only through the advisee groups.
- Lost items are subject to replacement costs.
- All fines must be paid by the end of the school year.
- Materials may be put on reserve use (in the library) for special class assignments.
- No gum, food or drink (other than water) is allowed in the library.
- Respect must be shown to all students taking exams or in need of quiet study areas.
Computer use is according to the Internet Acceptable Use Policy only.